Yardi Exchange Forums  

Go Back   Yardi Exchange Forums > Off-Topic > Water Cooler
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Default Yardi Genesis Network Set-up

I have Yardi Genesis 5 setup as a workstation on XP. What would I need to set it up for network so that I can access the database from another workstation as well.

Can I just use the utilities and use database maintenance, attach to the network drive where the yardi mdf data file is located on the other pc?

If my Yardi is setup as workstation,how do I change it to a server type installation?

How can I confirm whether it is setup as a workstation or server?

Do both workstations need point to the same drive (eg. server C:\Yardi\data, while remote workstation points to shared drive g:\data wher g: is the network drive c:\yardi)
Old 08-17-2011, 02:32 PM

You can tell if you have a server installation by running the Utilities and seeing if the Database Maintenance checkbox appears on the log in screen. If it appears then you have a Server installation -- which is also the right kind of installation for a standalone machine.

It sounds like you probably have a standalone machine if you are entering any data.

You can do a "workstation" installation on other machines in the office and use your present standalone as a "server" in a small peer-to-peer network. You have to share (with all rights) the yardi_library on that server, so that the other workstations can see it. There might also be some tricky things to get the SQL connection, in which case you'd be calling Yardi.